Semester 1 Reflection


I.

Quality of Work:
For all of my actual images, I have given them a clear focus either with rule of thirds or a focal point. The contrast for them has been a good balance between light and dark and they all have a tasteful amount of contrast. For compositioning, I feel like I have been doing well, but there is a lot of room for improving. My work with compositions has gotten better and I have been working really hard to improve, but more practice will help take it to the next level. The subject matter for most of my projects always relates back to the instructions of the project, but also has an interpretive meaning as well. For fulfilling the assignment, I always follow the directions and have everything necessary, but I also try to add in things that better the project, but weren't originally asked for. I always try to portray the wanted look for each project and go further. Sometimes my projects don't turn out as well as I had original wanted them too, but they may create a new look/meaning and there is always room for improvement. If there is a specific format and resolution asked for, then I always make them inside the parameters. My work has always been turned in on time or early. Lastly, I try to not choose my first idea because my ideas usually get better as I keep concentrating.

Effort:
Whenever we do a shooting project, I actively take photos and I always put a lot of effort into finding a unique concept. So, even if it isn't as easy or it takes longer, I still do it in order to create a unique project. I usually shoot a bit more than the required amount because I want my project to come out the way I planned it beforehand. If there is a photographic idea that I come up with that is difficult, I still try to go through with the idea. This is because even though it might be harder or take a lot of effort, I do it for the satisfaction of the end result. If a shot is hard to get, I try to take it from another angle. If that doesn't work then I try to come up with a new idea because it might be a sign that I need to do something different. Most of the risks I take are conceptual, so basically they have deep meanings. So, even if a picture doesn't look as creative as another I've done, maybe due to it not looking as planned, it will still have a subject matter and meaning behind it. When looking at other people's work I always have a positive attitude. I am grateful that I get to be inspired by other people and learn from them as well as from the project itself. Most of the time I have a positive attitude towards my projects because I know that I put a lot of work into them. But, since I'm still learning, if I don't portray the idea as previously wanted, then I might get a negative attitude.

Participation:
I am never late to class and I only have one excused absence for this class. I work throughout the period on each project and I only give myself free time after I turn everything in. I work on my project independently, but I may toss around ideas with classmates to get their opinion on my work. I stay on task in order to get my projects done on time or early, but I use class time productively so my work is still well thought out and not sloppy.

Improvement:
I feel that I am starting to develop my own style as a photographer by always having quirky projects and having different ideas than expected. I feel that I have improved technically because I am able to use photoshop better and I am more comfortable with using a camera. I feel that my compositioning has improved a lot, but I still have room to improve a lot. While I do feel that my images have become more compelling, I feel that I can make them even more compelling next semester. I do have more confidence in my work than I had at the beginning of the semester, probably due to practice providing better results. I also feel that my concepts are stronger because they have real meaning behind them.

Adjustment:
For the second semester I am going to continue working hard and spending class time wisely. I am going to try and take more unique photos that are better composed and have a more interesting contrast. I want to compose my images better when we do photoshop compositioning projects so that way the end result looks more professional. Also, I want to take more interesting photos so that way my projects can be more unique and catch the eye of more people. Lastly, I am going to expand my skill by learning more techniques and tricks to do in photoshop.

II.

One assignment I would like to do is where we take a picture of a normal scene and turn it into a scene of a natural disaster. So, we would choose between a tornado, hurricane, thunderstorm, etc and then turn our picture into a scene that looks like that natural disaster destroyed it.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection/Reflection

Lost in the World Response