Popular posts from this blog
What art? 1
1. The mood is very somber, but the images are still full of different shades of colors. Their expressions seem sad, almost longing, and they seem very concentrated. The first image has a relaxed posture where she's sitting up but not completely straight. And, the second picture her posture is manipulated because she is pushing her shoulders forward but leaning her head backwards. 2. I think these images were created in a photoshoot and then manipulated through photoshop. This is because there are many filters that could've been used to make the images have these effects. Also, in the photoshoot they could've taken blurry pictures, used a unique backdrop, or been wearing certain makeup. 3. In the first image, the contrasting bright blue color lightens the mood and makes it seem like there is light even in the darkness. But, in the second picture there is no opposing bright color, only a corresponding red color, making it seem like the loneliness or darkness is hitting...
Gottfried Helnwein Interpretation Part 1
In this image, there is a small man rock-climbing on a woman's face. I feel that this is supposed to show how people can "walk all over you." Based on the woman's blank expression, I feel that it shows how she is reluctant to stop the man and is letting him use her to climb. This can mean how like in the real world people exploit others and "use them" to benefit themselves. And, in most cases similar to this one, the victim may understand they are being used and just don't do any thing about it either because of guilt or optimistic qualities. I feel that the image is an artistic image due to the proportions and layout making it look like art. But, I don't feel like it is a documentary image because it isn't documenting a real life event that had previously happened. I do feel that this image is photoshopped because the proportions of the man to the woman and the ability for him to be climbing on her would make it unrealistic unless it was photo...



Comments
Post a Comment