Popular posts from this blog
What art? 1
1. The mood is very somber, but the images are still full of different shades of colors. Their expressions seem sad, almost longing, and they seem very concentrated. The first image has a relaxed posture where she's sitting up but not completely straight. And, the second picture her posture is manipulated because she is pushing her shoulders forward but leaning her head backwards. 2. I think these images were created in a photoshoot and then manipulated through photoshop. This is because there are many filters that could've been used to make the images have these effects. Also, in the photoshoot they could've taken blurry pictures, used a unique backdrop, or been wearing certain makeup. 3. In the first image, the contrasting bright blue color lightens the mood and makes it seem like there is light even in the darkness. But, in the second picture there is no opposing bright color, only a corresponding red color, making it seem like the loneliness or darkness is hitting...
Gottfried Helnwein Interpretation Part 2
Now that the image has a different viewpoint, I can see that it is in fact a proportional and realistic image. The man rock climbing isn't drawn onto the image, but he is actually climbing in front of a very large image of the girl. Now, I feel that the image is more documentary than artistic because the man is no longer a part of the picture. So, instead of thinking the meaning is about letting people "walk all over you," I now feel that the meaning is more simple. I feel that the photograph's meaning now is that there is a girl with a melancholy expression who is lonely as she is alone in the city. The picture of the girl is on the side of a large building and there are no other pictures there besides her, which portrays the idea of her isolation. I feel that the artist made the picture so large mostly for many people to be able to see it from far away and admire it. From what I can see of it, I would believe it is made on a light but firm canvas that was mounted ...

Comments
Post a Comment