Letter to the Past



Dear Kaitlyn,

This is me, you, yourself, us. I know this might sound absolutely insane, but this is your future self writing to you. With time travel just being discovered and such, I figured I would write to you and give you some advice. Next school year you will be taking Creative Photography 1 with Mr. Klein. First of all, you will definitely enjoy this class and the teacher. You will have many fun and mind-provoking projects to work on that encourage creativity. You might have a little bit of struggle when trying to decide what images to create, but in the end you will be fulfilled. You will have practice with taking pictures, editing photos, using Photoshop, and using Blogspot. You will learn things such as index prints, compositional structures, and effects in Photoshop. In order to be successful in this class, always pay attention, do your projects on time, be creative and unique with project ideas, and never choose your first ideas. You will be successful in this class as long as you pay attention to due dates, work diligently, take interesting looking pictures, and enjoy yourself. Lastly, remember to take pictures in bulk and use different angles. Now, I am going to show you a sneak peek of your work to inspire you and get you excited for your new class.


I took this picture for the triptychs project where we had to take three pictures of similar qualities and put them together. I took these pictures with my phone using the back camera with the flash on. I took different angles and then changed the effects in Photoshop. I kept my eyes in color, but then changed the rest of the photo to black and white. This is a successful image because the color scheme adds depth and contrast while it is ominous and subtle. It is also successful because I added my own style by not putting thick borders between the pictures or around them. I did this so it looks like the pictures flow together to make one big picture. This creative decision really helped make the picture and give it it's unique qualities. But, this still followed the requirements of the project because the three pictures are similar in colors and design, but still have their own unique qualities. The only thing I would've done differently is editing the eyes more specifically by using better selections. Well, it was nice talking to you and I hope to talk to you soon. I hope to hear about your amazing time in photography and how much you like it. Cheers!

                                                                                                                                    From, Kaitlyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Art Response

Reflection/Reflection